If you’re an Android user and use the Facebook app, you might want to keep an eye on your battery life.
According to a recent study by Sensor Tower, the Facebook app is one of the most battery-guzzling apps on Android.
The app is glitchy, and it is not going away anytime soon.
Here’s what users do to solve common problems on Facebook.
The Facebook application crashes unexpectedly on Android. The exact cause is difficult to determine.
Facebook regularly has app crashes that disrupt its performance
If the Facebook app is crashing on your Android device, then you’ve come to the right place.
There are ten solutions to solve the Facebook app crash problem, which will allow you to fix this problem.
What is the Facebook App?
The Facebook app is a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows users to connect with friends, post updates, and view photos. However, the Facebook app has been known to crash on Android devices. In some cases, the Facebook app will not launch at all.
The crash often occurs when users try to open the app after it has been idle for a while. If the Facebook app crashes repeatedly, it can be frustrating and cause users to stop using it.
Why is the Facebook App crashing on Android?
Facebook is a popular social networking site with over 2 billion active users. Recently, the Facebook app has been crashing on Android devices.
A number of factors could be causing this, including battery life, outdated software, and insufficient space.
If you’re experiencing frequent Facebook app crashes, there are some steps you can take to fix the issue.
How to Fix the Facebook App Crashing on Android?
If you’re experiencing trouble with the Facebook app crashing on your Android device, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
First, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your device and downloading the app again from Google Play.
If those methods don’t work, there may be a problem with your phone or tablet itself. In that case, you’ll need to take it to a nearby service center to have it looked at.
Update your Facebook app from the Google Play Store
If you’re one of the many Facebook app users on Android, you may have experienced some crashes lately. Fortunately, there is a quick and easy solution: update your Facebook app from the Google Play Store.
If your phone has automatic update enabled, but if you have disabled it by mistake, you can also do a manual update from the steps below.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- In the top left corner, tap Menu (three lines in a row).
- Tap Settings.
- Under “App updates,” tap Auto-update apps.
- If you want to manually check for updates, under “App updates,” tap Check now.
- If an update is available, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Check For Updates on Android
Facebook’s official app is notorious for crashing on Android devices, but there are a few unofficial apps that users can try in order to stay connected to their Facebook. Updates for the official Facebook app are released frequently, but unofficial apps may not be updated as frequently.
How to check for updates on Android?
Follow the steps given below to check for updates on the Android device.
- Open the Google Play Store on the Android device.
- In the upper-left corner of the Google Play Store, tap Menu.
- Tap Updates.
- If there are any updates available, they’ll appear in the Updates section.
- Tap Install to install the updates.
Clear cache from the Facebook Application
If you are experiencing problems with your Facebook app crashing on your Android device, clearing the cache may help. To clear the cache:
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner (or swipe left from the main screen).
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Under App settings, tap on Cached data.
5. Tap on Clear cache and then OK to save changes.
Clear data from the Facebook Application
One of the common complaints about Facebook on Android is that the app keeps crashing. Some people have even resorted to deleting the app and reinstalling it in order to rid themselves of the crashes.
One possible solution to this problem is to clear data from the Facebook Application. This will remove any cached information and hopefully prevent future crashes.
To clear data from the Facebook Application:
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
2. Touch the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under App Settings, tap on Data Usage.
5. Under Clear Data, select All Apps and then hit Clear Data.
Uninstall your Facebook App and again Install
Facebook has been known to cause problems on a variety of devices and operating systems. One such issue that users have been experiencing is Facebook crashing on their Android devices.
If you are experiencing the same problem, there are a few things that you can do in order to try and fix it.
- First, uninstall your Facebook app from your device.
- This will force Facebook to rebuild its database which should hopefully resolve any issues that you may be having with the app.
- If that doesn’t work, you can try reinstalling the app on your device.
This is not always guaranteed to work, but it is something that you can try if all else fails.
Download and Install Older Version of Facebook App
Unfortunately, Facebook can be a buggy app on Android devices. If you’re having trouble using Facebook on your Android phone or tablet, you may want to try an older version of the app. Here’s how to download and install an older version of Facebook on your Android device:
- To download an older version of the Facebook app for Android,
- first, open the Google Play Store on your phone or tablet.
- Then search for “Facebook” and tap on the first result that shows up. (If no results show up, then there may not be a current version of the Facebook app available in the Google Play Store.)
- Tap on “Install” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once installed, open the Facebook app and tap on “Settings” at the top left corner. Under “General,” tap on “Version.”
- You’ll see a list of versions of the Facebook app that are available for download.
- Select the version that you want to use and tap on “OK.”
Reset your Android device to factory settings
If you’re having trouble using Facebook on your Android device, there’s a quick and easy way to reset your device to its factory settings. This will solve most problems with apps not loading or crashing. Just follow these steps:
1. Open your Android device’s Settings app.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Select Facebook from the list of installed apps.
4. Click on the three lines in the top right corner of the Facebook app screen and select Delete App.
5. Tap OK in the confirmation dialog box and confirm by clicking on Delete App again.
6. Restart your Android device if it is not already doing so.
This should fix most problems with Facebook not loading or crashing on your Android device.
If you’re having trouble with Facebook crashing on your Android device, there is a solution. First, make sure that your Facebook app is up to date.
Next, try disabling any third-party apps that might be affecting Facebook’s performance.
Finally, clear your cache and data on your Android device. If all of those steps fail to fix the issue, it might be time to reset your Facebook account and start over.